Friday 11 March 2016

North Cave and Blacktoft

Thursday 10th March
With news coming through of the reappearance of a Kittiwake at North Cave Wetlands, I made a slight detour on the way home from our weekly swim. Unfortunately, Toby had forgotten his Mothercare bins, so it was up to me to relocate it with nobody else in the hide. The adult Med Gull was also still present.

Kittiwake

Mediterranean Gull

Friday 11th March
With the Hen Harriers regularly being seen at Blacktoft, I thought, I'd get my first crack at the species this year. First stop was Ousefleet hide for any waders. Since my visit last week, a flock of up to 100 Black tailed Godwits had returned.

Black tailed Godwits

Walking down towards Singleton hide, a Cetti's Warbler was heard calling from the reedbed, which was new for my Yorkshire life list. In the hide, there was no sign of any of the previous nights 3 Hen Harriers but a Short eared Owl was a bonus for the year.

Yorkshire Life List: 277
British Year List: 132
Yorkshire Year List: 126
North Cave Year List: 70

No comments:

Post a Comment